Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Thank you for the music - Abba

For the past few days, I've been listening almost all day to Sam Hui!


Pics of Sam's concert in M'sia, 2005 (pics taken from TheStar Online)

You see, me mate back home, Victor Yap, burnt me this ultimate collection of Sam Hui's MP3 - not 10 songs, not 50 songs but a whooping 114 songs!!!!!!! Woohoo!

Yeah, me a huge fan of Sam Hui. I blogged about why previously in me old blog. You can read about it here. That post was done in anticipation of Sam's concert in M'sia on the 19th of February last year. I blogged about that too but unfortunately, it was in me "private blog" so I can't link it here (those of you who know about it can go there and click on the February 2005 link under archives and look for it).

Listening to his songs now mean even so much more. You see, I grew up listening to his songs. So when I listen to the songs now, I not only think of the time last year when me mates and I were all so crazy and excited over his concert, I not only remember wif joy and tears at crazy times we had listening to his songs - in Mikes' car after carolling at YTL's place in 2004, in me car as KC and I travelled up to the north, in me car wif JT going to Tioman, in WS's apartment as we played bridge/hearts/tai-ti, in Al's truck as WS drove down to S'pore... yeah, more than that, I remember me childhood days back in me old house in section 14 PJ.

That's the beauty of music. Listening to it can be like travelling in a time-machine. A familiar tune can suddenly transport me back thru the years and thru the miles - and all of the sudden, I'm a little child listening to the little "redifusion" set in me grandma's room, or I'm wif me mates in a humid stadium back in M'sia blowing our whistles and screaming wif the thousands of fans at the sight of a tiny Sam on the stage in the middle of the field.

And now, listening to it will also transport me to Sheffield, as KC works on his essay and I read my Grisham. :-)

Thank you for the music, Sam.

Thank you for the music, Victor! I owe you big time! Cheers, mate.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?