Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ironic - Alanis Morissette

Alrite, alrite - faithful readers would point out immediately that the title of this post was used previously for an earlier post. (But since there are no faithful readers *boo hoo* no one will notice it... til now, of course!)

Faithful readers will also remember a short post wif loads of snow pics from all over the UK which ended wif a pic at Colchester, bright and shinny and very green!!!! (you can see it here)

In another post, I was hoping for a white X'mas.

I din get me wish. It wasn't even cold - well, not as cold as I had feared - in Scotland!!!! No snow but lots of frost.


It finally did snow on our last nite in Edinburgh. It was beautiful and I stuck me head out of me van (yes, van! That's another story) and caught the snow on me face! :-) It did not last long and it did not stay on the ground.

Finally, on me last nite in Scotland, it snowed in Glasgow! Still, despite for snowing for quite a few hours, the most was just a mere cm or 2! Look at the pic on the right. Yeah, that was about it and come next morning, it was raining heavily.

So imagine how I felt when I heard the news while in Scotland that it was snowing like crazy .... in the South East of UK!!!!! South-east? There's where Colchester is!!!!!!

Get this - it snowed for 2 whole days here on campus. The entire place was covered wif a blanket of snow which was around 3 to 4 inches!!!!!! And the snow stayed for 3 or 4 days!!!!!!

When I here, it snowed everywhere else in the UK but here. When I went to the most northerly place in the UK, it din snow there much but it snowed like crazy here.

If that's not ironic, I dun know wat is...Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?