Saturday, January 28, 2006

Who let the dogs out? - Baha Men

Happy Chinese New Year!

May the year of the dog... err... hhmm... sumhow, "dog" doesn't conjure up a very positive outlook. Work like a dog? A dog's life? Gone to the dogs?


Anyways, as there has been comments that me pics (the photos I take) are usually "people-less", here's a collage of ... ME! With some good ol' chinese new year wishes:-

Posted by Picasa
(Pic taken using my webcam - which explains the poor quality)

Basically, the wishes are that your coming ins and going outs be safe, and that you'll have the strength and freshness of the dragon and the horse!

Me got em from Chinatown last week. Ok, ok - I had to solicit the help of the sales-assistant at the shop since I dun read much Chinese. Well, to be accurate, she saw me and came up to offer me help - do I really look like a "I'm-Chinese-but-I-can't-read-Chinese-and-I'm-pretending-like-I-do" person?

Many have been asking me bout my plans for CNY and wat's happening here. Well, there's this big CNY bash organised by the China Students Society tomorrow nite. There are oso big celebrations planned in London tomorrow - they boast of it as the biggest CNY celebrations outside of China! There are many small parites going on tonite too - there's a large group of mandarin speaking china students in the kitchen now (I dread to think of the mess that will greet us tomorrow...). Some M'sian Society members are gathering for a pot-luck thingy latter tonite too.

But for me, I'm joining none of them. Just not in the mood, I guess. It helps the fact that there's no "CNY-mood" here. Not like during me undergraduate days when we were all excited and had big meals - even had a psuedo-yee sang!!! That was nice!

So wat will I be doing? Tonite, we'll be gathering in Tom's room where we'll watch The Two Towers - my DVDs, Aliz's speakers and Tom's new monitor! Ghisseh and Alberto might join us. Michael wil drop by when he gets back from London.

Pretty un-Chinese eh?

Well, I do have my mandarin oranges here!!!! Pretty good ones, I must say!

To me, CNY - when stripped of all its festivities, reruns of Chow Sing Chi's/Jacky Chan's movies, gluttony, chor tai ti and sleeping - is all about family. I had a wonderful - albeit short time - wif them just now online. :-) Spending it wif people I dun know or some whom I've met only once or twice is not my idea of CNY. That's me, anyways.

So tonite, there may not be any pineapple tarts, prawn crackers, shandy, firecrackers, ang pows (or as a mate said, "Ang Pounds") etc. But I'll be wif my "extended family". And that's all that matters for me - for now.

Comments:
Dog- man's best friend

Who let the dogs out?

All dogs go to heaven

U should have put my lil orange on top of the real oranges then take picture...
 
did u hear about the dyslexic atheist? he did not believe there was such thing as dog!

ROTFL!!!!!

*Jess groans* (if she's reading this...).

Anyway - year of the dog is quite apt - seeing i'll have to work like a dog for me Masters... Yeah, obi-mun being drawn to the bark-side.

btw, sori to break yr heart but check out Rev 22:15
 
I have heard about the dyslexic atheist..

But did you hear about the agnostic dyslexic that has insomnia ?
He stayed up all night wondering if there really is a dog...

hyuk hyuk....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?