Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Look away - Chicago

I was at Tesco just now and I saw Shane - one of me coursemates. I knew it was gonna be just like the other few occasions when I bumped into him on campus - but nevetheless, I will still try.

"Hi, Shane", I said as i walked pass him - prolly like 3 inches away due to the crowded aisle.

He looked away and walked on.

Yup! That, my frens, is Shane, future human rights activist! If there is such thing as irony in this world - there is in my world - he'll prolly be one of me work colleagues in future!

But what the %#@*!# was that all about???? Have i offended you before - if i did, it was not intentional. Or is it because I'm Malaysian? Chinese? You dun like my hair or my taste in clothes? I mean, if you dun like me, then fine. I'm not asking ou to be me best mate. How bout some courtesy??? At least acknowledge that i exist!!!

During the first few classes in the year, i can still remember when he started a conversation wif me. And now, is it because you have your own group of frens that you can just tell me - thru your actions - to b*gger off?

Sheesh...

p/s - just to say that my other coursemates - be it locals or international students - are all pretty nice and frenly people. In fact, some are just the nicest people i've ever met!

p/p/s - ok, ok. i've cooled down a bit now. maybe i'm too harsh on Shane. Maybe he just cant differentiate me from the many other Chinese students around. And maybe he's hard of hearing. Maybe he's super-shy. While i'm at it, maybe Wigan will win the Premisership this season... ;-P


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?