Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My favourite things - Julie Andrews

My favourite movies are Toy Story 1 and 2, Nemo, Shark Tale, Shrek 1 and 2. I also like watching Barney!

Soaps are not for me! Eastenders? Ugh. I'll fall alseep!

My brothers and sisters would sing me certain nursery rhymes. Altho i do not know what the rhymes are all about, i love to hear their voices and the tunes.

Any guesses on who am i?

Answer: Baby MB

The hearing continued today (for context, see my earlier posts here and here). His mother testified and informed the court about the aforementioned likes of Baby MB.

She also testified that "...her son felt pain he would cry, although it was not possible to hear him because of the ventilation tube."

"'His eyes go red a little bit and tears will come down,' she said."

"She argued if he was given an operation which might allow him to breathe alone - a tracheotomy - his life would improve".

Read the news report here. (Note: As a legal argument, I cannot agree with the direction that Baby MB's father took, tho. Oh well...)

I was moved to tears when the image of a few children - Baby MB's sibblings - gathering around the little hospital bed, under the watchful eye of the adults to ensure the ventilation tubes and other equipment are not disturbed, and reciting nursery rhymes to their little baby brother.

I am reminded of me nephew and niece, how they would love to sing, how they enjoy watching the same movies that Baby MB does.

If the doctors win the case, what are you gonna tell Baby MB's brothers and sisters?

The case will continue on Friday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?