Saturday, July 08, 2006

Never forget - Take That

I had wanted to write more but i think suffice for now to just reproduce what was said by the loved ones of the victims.

Death is nothing at all
I have always slipped away into the next room
I am I, and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we still are
Call me by my old familiar name
Speak to me in easy way which you always used
Put no difference into your tone
Wear no false air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me
Let my name be ever the household word that it ever was
Let it be spoken without effort
Without the trace of a shadow on it
Life means all that it has ever meant
It is the same as it ever was
There is absolutely unbroken continuity
Why should i be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval
Somewhere very near, just around the corner
All is well


Marie Fatayi-Williams - lost her son on 7/7/05

The imprints of your breath
Still adorn the beautiful colours of the flowerbed
And the imprints of your feet
On the threshold of the house
On the stairs
On the floral patterns on the carpet
They still gaze at me, bewildered
A sound is rising from our broken hearts
Where are you?
Where
are you?
You have lent your smiles to the flowers
The entire house is the embodiment of your life
Who says you are no more?
Who says you
are no more?
How can you not be?
O, incarnation of kindness
O, our dearest
Hold our hands
For we are so lonely

Saba Mozakka - lost her mom on 7/7/05


Members of the public (including yours truly) placed a purple carnation on the floral mosaic which formed the petals of a larger flower. Family members at the end of the service placed orange gerberas in the middle to complete the mosaic.


To read more about the nation commemorated the bombings, go here. Watch a video on the placing of the flowers here and see the poems being read here.

Connected posts:- More of my pics here, and "Letter to a terrorist" here.

Comments:
where is this place? what is the event? beautiful..flowers??
 
Wah, u really very free these days!!!! Be patient. I'll write bout it later. As i said, i'm too tired now. When u check this post again tonite, u'll have all your questions answered.

p/s - for more flowers, go here
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?