Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sometimes it be that way - Jewel

As most of u would know by now, i've been getting pretty sentimental about saying goodbye to this place and to me mates here. The other day at work, i was the only casual temp staff working and the absence of the rest of me mates was painfully obvious to me.

Today, i dropped by Food-on-3 cuz it was 2 of me mates' last day. *Sigh* It could be the last time i'll ever see them - altho i'll definitely (i got it, KC!) make an effort to catch them before we vacate here! Or go look for them one day!

It just seems such a waste that we were all here for the whole year but only got to know each other in these last month.

Another mate sent me this text message the other day when i was feeling down:-

"But dont u be sad la. At least u enjoyed a brief explosion of friendship rather than it trickle n die a slow death. Like fireworks, u love it while it lasts, wish it could be longer, then wait 4 the next occasion."

Yeah, it has been a brilliant fireworks show. I loved every minute of it and wish it could go on. But I'll wait patiently for the next occasion.

I guess i shud be happy that i had the chance to get to know them in the first place and be thankful for the wonderful times, instead of feeling sad over what could have never been. Sometimes, life is that way.

It's just so strange - i've always considered meself as a loner. Lone Ranger, Han Solo! I treasured my space and guarded it jealously, i loved being on me own. But these days, being alone in my room can be painful at times...

Comments:
Wow, ur mate that sent u that sms sounds like a very deep and understanding person...
 
it can't be a coincidence that the Bible verse of the day today (see column on the right, "Rambler's daily bread") is taken from 2 Cor 10:17-18, part of which says "...it is not the one who commends himself who is approved..."!!!

;-P
 
bleh!

Btw, you've got WS listening to Jewel now too..

=/
 
methinks ws secretly wants to be like me! ;-P
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?