Wednesday, October 05, 2005

For the first time – Kenny Loggins

Today marks a few “firsts” for me.

Christian Union

Actually, it started last nite when I attended the CU. It was good. Really! But…

I dun know… I guess I’m too old oredi. I felt like that! I’m easily 10 years older than 99% of all who were there. And I really felt it. These people are like… juveniles!!!! Nice juveniles!

I would enjoy it if I was their age. It was fun, and very informal. And honestly, I thought that it was cool – being informal.

It was good worshipping wif them and then we broke up to groups to have some discussion. I was pretty impressed by the assistant leader in me group at how she handled a “situation”. There was this girl who just started bashing the Catholics. The leader, all smiley and diplomatically pointed out why she thinks some of the things the Catholics do “works” for them and to a certain extent, understands it because of her Catholic background.

I’m looking forward to their Bible Studies!

Welcome lunch for postgrad Law Students

First, I must say that the lunch was excellent! I was late tho – distracted by a sale outside…

Back to the food – there were mainly sandwiches left but they were REALLY good! The prawn sandwiches were brilliant! No surprise that only very little was left – which I duly cleaned off! Then, it was washed away wif white wine! :-)

There were some short sharings by some of the lecturers and in a way, it got me excited to study again. It was nice to hear these lecturers talk – although at least 2 of them attempted humour which fell flat!

But they did pronounce “issue” as “ee-sue”!

Library

The library is cool! I went there for the first time on Wednesday and took a mini tour of it organised by the librarians.

It is so efficient and so modern! In line wif most other things on campus, everything is on-line. You can check the availability of the books on the many PC terminals in the library.

And get this – they have a DVD section!!!! I borrowed “The Merchant of Venice”!

On thing which stood out was the lift! It is a… I can’t remember wat’s the name they call it. Basically, the lifts do not have doors and it is moving continuously!!! On one side, it is going up and on the other, it is going down. So if you want to go up or down, just hope in and hope out! If you miss the last floor, dun worry. Wat goes down must come up – and vice versa!

The purpose for having such lifts is to save time waiting for the normal lifts. And it makes very good sense as I have used it many times now and find it sooooo convenient! Of course, thoughts of people getting caught and torn apart ala “Final Destination 2” style did cross me mind and I was tempted to ask the tour leader if there has been any deaths…

The same goes for the revolving door at the front – motorised and constantly revolving!

So far, the staff are really nice and helpful. Study areas upstairs overlook the lake. Brilliant! ;-)


Nice view! Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?