Sunday, October 09, 2005

One week - Bare Naked Ladies

So, 7 days have passed by. Another 50 weeks to go!!!!

It has not been fabulous but it has been much better than expected. Settling in really nicely. I now remember why I always thought of meself as a loner, an anti-social person. I'm pretty happy that way sumtimes. Sure, I miss the closeness of frens and family here but wif internet and text messaging, it makes it so much easier.

People here are generally nice. I guess everyone is oso looking to make frens. When I hang out on campus, there'll be people that I dun know - and will prolly not talk to again - but wif whom I can have a decent conversation.

It was only today when the distance of being so far away reall hit me. Sumthing happened at home and it felt terrible being so far away, not being able to help at all or to comfort me mom or to help them feel secure. When I was an undergraduate and away from home, I'd always fear sumthing like this would happen. And now it did. Thank God that me family are safe and all, tho. Still, I just wished I was around cuz I know my presence would definately help. :-(

I just gotta commit them all to God!

The week ahead is not gonna be any easier. Packed wif classes and loaded wif readings, at the very least, it shud pass by pretty quickly!

Tried to start the reading yesterday but found it to be hard-going. In 2 hours, I managed to do just 3 or 4 pages only!!!

Anyways, at least I got me blog going again. Dun know how long I can keep this up but will try.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?