Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dreams - The Cranberries

Do you remember your dreams? I seldom do. I can tell if it was exciting or sad but the details usually escape me. There are exceptional times, tho. This week has been one of those.

It started earlier this week when i dreamt that i was going to study in another University - at Penang!!! It was truly weird. I din question anything at all and just went along with it. It felt good, tho, to be back in M'sia and so close to home.

Then there was another dream where i was having this discussion wif a mate, WS over another mate, KC. It appears that KC was being deceived by some cultish church and we were brainstorming at great lenghts on how to approach him on the matter and help him.

2 nites ago, i dreamt that when i entered the kitchen, me mate from Rugely - who happenned to be a very close fren from home - was there! She came over to visit me! :-)

Last nite was no exception - i was back home! But it was the eve of the day when i would leave to come back here. It was saying goodbyes all over again - and i hated it. I din wanna leave - not yet, anyway.

It may seem "ordinary" to most of you - but it felt so real (i dun know if u had ever experienced a dream when you know u r dreaming). I've never had this kinda dreams so many nites in a row.

The only connection i can make between the dreams is that it all has to do wif people back home. A case of really missing home badly? I dun know... i mean, i miss home but hey, it's the "normal" missing home thing.

It din help at all that for the pass few nites, i kept on waking up wif a bad headache. Last nite was horrible. It was the headache plus sinus pains - the front and the back of me head!

Yeah, the headaches are back - but thankfully, it disappears when it's time to wake up. Altho it - plus the dreams - leaves me at times truly exhausted when i awake.

I was thinking that perhaps it's the "stress"? What stress, some of u may ask? I'm a student!!!! Maybe a better word is "uncertainty". There's the usual stress of essays due on the 24th, exams next month. I spent the whole of Tuesday reading up on a topic and finally deciding at the end of teh day that i won't be doing that for me essay! But no worries - no knowledge is ever "wasted".

Then, there's the uncertainty regarding me dissertation topic, the internship opportunities, possible employment after me course...

Perhaps wif all these things going on in me head (plus a few others which i'm not at liberty to state here), the mind subconsciously brings me back to the place where i feel the safest - home.

So all you Josephs and Daniels out there - any views?

It esp din help that when i received a mail scolding me first thing this morning. Now i really feel like going back to bed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?